Copy Hard Drive to another Hard Drive

User-402BA281-1CFE-4FE3-9D45502C58B38958 20:33 16 Jun 2004

Are the any good programs that will copy every file including all windows system files to another hard drive with out causeing any problems in regards to missing .dll files so on. any free programs

johnsims 20:35 16 Jun 2004

There is a version of Acronis true image on the current PCW mag. You may be able to download an evaluation copy if you visit their website. click here

PSF 20:39 16 Jun 2004

If you are fitting a second hard drive have a look at the manufactures site, they have free tools for this purpose. I have used the Western Digital one, Data Lifeguard, a couple of times. It works well formats the drive converts to Fat32, ntfs etc and then copies the contents over to the other drive.
click here

It is very detailed and straight forward to use.

Maxtor and Seagate also have similar tools.

pj123 20:42 16 Jun 2004

Depending on what Operating System you are running you have a choice of xcopy (comes with Win 98SE) xxcopy (download from click here) or xxclone (download from click here)

Wak 21:08 16 Jun 2004

I have Win 98SE and use XXCOPY to copy everything on my C:\ drive to the D:\ drive as a complete backup, including all system files, Registry, all programs and data files.
You simply go to Start/ Programs/ MS-DOS Prompt and type:-

XXCOPY C:\ D:\/CLONE

Confirming what our friend PJ123 says, you will need XXCOPY for all systems except Win XP, which will need XXCLONE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?