Copy Emails

EKY1 09:15 16 Aug 2006

Could somone tell me if it's possible to copy my emails to CD or DVD and how to do it , My email client is Tiscali.

Diodorus Siculus 09:24 16 Aug 2006

Tiscali isn't an email client - it's an ISP.

Do you use Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird or something similar?

rawprawn 09:27 16 Aug 2006

Didn't I see this post yesterday? I think we need to know if you are using Outlook or Outlook Express (your email client)To the best of my knowledge you can only copy these using a backup facility, either the free ones for Outlook and OE or something like Acronis, but even then you need the original program to open them as they are .dbx or .pst files.
I hope i have understood your question correctly.

recap 09:39 16 Aug 2006

"Didn't I see this post yesterday?" You are right rawprawn, I did respond but forgot about the post.

click here

My apologises EKY1

If like rawprawn says it's Outlook then you will need to search for .pst files

If it's Outlook Express then you will need to search for *dbx files.

Create a folder on your desktop, call it E-Mail, once you have found your file, you can copy and paste it in to the folder.

Longhouse 09:44 16 Aug 2006

With OE or Outlook it is possible to copy e-mails to the HDD so should be no different with CD or DVD.

Create the folder structure you want (OE or Outlook doesn't seem to allow copying entire folders / subfolders) and then select / drag / drop the individual e-mails yoo want copies of to the appropriate folder.

Alternative with OE that I've used when rebuilding a machine is to find / search for .dbx files and save these then re-import back to OE (could probably do the same with the import / export function)

The alternative with Outlook is to archive your e-mails to the destination of your choise - see the help files.

Wak 11:48 16 Aug 2006

If you manage to save all your .DBX files (assuming you use Outlook Express?) then these can be read from the CD using programs called OEVIEWER or OEREADER from click here
Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires