Copy (Ctrl + C) Problem

dds115 07:14 03 Jul 2005

For the past few weeks, whenever I go to "Edit, Copy" or hit Ctrl + C, my computer says "This program has performed an illegal opperations" yada yada yada. Does anyone know anything that will fix this? I haven't installed anything new and have run adaware, spybot, and nortons. Thanks guys (and gals).

~Daniel

Diodorus Siculus 07:33 03 Jul 2005

What operating system do you use?

If xp:

start

ru

sfc /scannow

IF Win98

start

run

sfc

For both you will need the CD in the drive.

Taff36 08:10 03 Jul 2005

I always use the CTRL + Insert key combination to copy and the Shift + Insert key to paste - Easier because its a right hand thumb and index finger operation for both on a standard keyboard.

Does that work? (sfc scannow is the long term solution though)

dds115 03:17 04 Jul 2005

I am running Win 98. sfc didn't fix it. I tried the whole "Ctrl Insert" and stuff and that game me the same error. Thanks for the advice, anyone else have anything that might work?

Stuartli 09:15 04 Jul 2005

One possibility. Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>Security tab>Customise>Misc and then check that Cut and Paste is enabled.

A downloadable file which is supposed to fix the problem:

click here (listed at click here)

But if nothing works then these may help:

click here(L)-transfer-1201.html

click here

Terry Brown 11:58 04 Jul 2005

If all else fails, insert the win98 CD and re-install over the top of the original. This wil repair all your settings, however any email or Favorites will be lost unless you save them to a folder (create a folder-- go to your email program highlight the files you want to keep and drag to the new folder. the email will be saved as subject line.eml

dds115 23:06 04 Jul 2005

That registery file fixed the problem, thank you all very much!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?