copy contents of 256 mmc card to igb new card?

frankie 19:44 16 Jul 2006

copy contents of 256 mmc card to igb new card? got a nokia 6680,can i copy my contents of it to my new 1gb card, or do i have to start again? i am running xp pro at home and have the nokia software cd, i tried a drag and drop said phone will not allow?.i,m new to this so be kind to me thanks on the 256 card is photo,s etc golf training video,and other bits was nearly full,some bits i need daily,i dont really want to start from scratch so please help

Stuartli 20:00 16 Jul 2006

Try copying the 256MB card's files into a New folder and then copying them to the 1GB card with a memory card reader/writer.

sean-278262 20:01 16 Jul 2006

If you have a memory card reader on your computer just copy the contents to a file then switch to the new card and paste the contents that are now on your computer to the new one. Have you checked nokia's site there may be an app that lets you do this or a program on the phones driver CD.

frankie 20:29 16 Jul 2006

looks like card reader the easy way,any idea on a good one for xp thanks

Pidder 20:33 16 Jul 2006

PCWorld do a PCline one for SD/Multimedia cards for about a fiver which I have found very satisfactory.

Stuartli 22:07 16 Jul 2006

They are all pretty much of a muchness - you can buy one that will handle virtually all types of memory cards for around a tenner.

You don't need to seach for drivers for XP - it will install them itself.

skidzy 22:17 16 Jul 2006

If you have an Ebay account... MMC Reader/Writer...just an idea for you click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017