copy cd to c:\ drive but pc asks for d:????

User-5D69CF2D-B39A-4FC8-B454A0EF59E9F181 20:50 11 Oct 2003

would like the pc to look at c: drive for the info it requires from a cd and not ask for the cd in drive d:\ because I have a number of cd's I do not want to keep looking for them to put into the D: drive (cd drive)
any Ideas as to how I can make pc look where I want it to

thanks RKG

Rtus 21:06 11 Oct 2003

Its usual for windows to log where the program when installed is in which drive Usually this works fine. until say you add a drive then you have to browse to its new position. are we talking of games Cd's ?

no serif is one if I put a picture file in file
it mentions cannot find cd in drive d all picture file are on the c drive

Diemmess 22:37 11 Oct 2003

A tad confused about this.

Whether you are "browse"ing or "find"ing a picture you will have some idea of the name of the one you are looking for.............If is it a file you have saved it will presumbably be on your HD and drive C: (unless you have more HD drives/partitions).

If the picture you want is on a CD, then that is where it is, and though you can open and work on the picture and save it to HD, you won't normally be able to save it back to the CD.

Your CD will always have a letter no earlier than the next letter after your last HD drive.

Thanks Diemmess it is difficult to explane When I start up the prog it is always looking a d drive (that is my cd drive) and it say's cannot find cd in d: drive even though I have copied all files to my c drive do you get my drift? any help would be appreciated

Rex

Rtus 23:09 11 Oct 2003

a little confusion arises in .the prog concerned is(via email) > serif draw plus thats just one
when I start prog up and say choose a picture file even though they are on my c drive it tells me to put disc in d drive.. But if your talking of samples from the serif cd ,even if copied from the Cd to the hard drive you would still have to point it to the corect folder when opening..
I vaguely remember the option of installing all during page + /Draw+ to add all graphics, but if youve copied the cd to the hard drive then installed it may very well go straight to c:\ folder?.. to open a graphics samples.. If Ive understood you correctly.....Apologies, if not.

Djohn 23:23 11 Oct 2003

Yep! think your correct Rtus. When you install serif software you have the choice of leaving all clipart on the CD or installing to Hard drive.

If you decide to install the clipart to the drive at a later date, then the program is always going to look to the CD drive each time you open the program and try to insert clipart.

I think a re-install of program is the only way round this, [Unless someone knows how to make an association.] no need to remove, just overwrite, but choose "Install clipart to hard drive". j.

Rtus Thanks I will try and install again from my c drive to see if that works will sign off for now will be back tomorrow. sorry about the email
I appreciate you taking time out

Thanks also to djohn

Rtus 23:33 11 Oct 2003

no worry over the email , Its forum etiquette (maybe)(LOL))to try to keep the discussion on the thread where all can benefit(I use the word "benefit"in its widest possible sense)

Djohn Thanks ,I havent used it in long while now..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?