copy audio tapes to pc?

naineysman 20:27 21 Jan 2007

Hi, my partners little girl listens to audio books a lot and would like to get them on to her ipod for holidays etc.

Is there something as simple as a tape player with a usb connection that would use software to import the music and store it as mp3, aac, etc.

Or I had thought about connecting the headphone socket of the player to the microphone socket on the pc but how would i record the 'song' etc. (would 'recorder' in windows be good enough? would that even work??

I've tried searching for a tape player without success and none of the audiobooks in questiona re available to download from the usual suspects.

help would be appreciated
N

sean-278262 20:30 21 Jan 2007

Audacity (google it as it is free)
Something with a headphone port
A 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio jack
and patience

Connect the Tape player to the PCs mic port and use audiograbber to record the output. It is a 1:1 process but can be set up overnight. Easy to do but takes quite a lot of time. There are machines to do it but these give little better quality and cost a lot more than the only item required to be purchased here which is a 99p cable from a pound shop or £3 or so at maplins.

naineysman 20:37 21 Jan 2007

just saw another note from Ozzy123 as well so between you all I am soretd I think

thanks to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?