CoolWWWSearch Problem

Meshuga 21:35 27 Oct 2004

Running a spybot check shows it found CoolWWWSearch. I tried to get rid of it but it said it can`t be fixed. I have run CWShredder as advised earlier this evening and that said I do not have CoolWWWSearch on my computer. My engineer who was here this morning on another problem found it too during a scan, with the same result. Question? Do I have it or don`t I? and if I do, how do I get rid of it. What problems will it create?. Clicking on it in spybot brought up the following, CoolWWWsearch.Msconfig:IE context menuitem(Registry key,fixing failed) Then,HKEY_USERS\S- then follows a long series of numbers. What do I do please.Meshuga.

stalion 21:48 27 Oct 2004

try this it is free
click here

iambeavis 21:53 27 Oct 2004

It's possible that Spybot may be finding CWWWSearch in Internet Explorer's restricted Zones.

Meshuga 21:59 27 Oct 2004

have downloaded and run the softpedia prog as you suggested it says that I do not have CoolWWWSearch on my computer. I think I`ll go into a corner and go quietly mad. What do I do,? just ignore it every time i run spybot?. Meshuga.

Meshuga 22:04 27 Oct 2004

If they are restricted how do i get in to do anything, and surely the softpedia would be desined to overcome that. Meshuga.

VoG II 22:05 27 Oct 2004

Is Internet Explorer home page changed or does Search take you to an unwanted place? If not relax.

If you have been hijacked, say so and we will guide you through the recovery procedure.

stalion 22:05 27 Oct 2004

I would ignore spybot saying you have it if two other programmes are telling you that you do not.The link you have just tried is a dedicated remover for your problem, if your computer is running ok I would do nothing for now

iambeavis 22:13 27 Oct 2004

CWWWSearch is supposed to be in Restricted Zones by default. As Vog™ and stalion have said if you have control of your machine then don't worry.

Meshuga 22:21 27 Oct 2004

Hi VoG, no nothing has altered and all seems to work ok. Thanks to you too stalion, have decided to ignore it and treat it with contempt. I`ve also decided not to go quietly mad, I would miss all of you. Best wishes, Meshuga.

Meshuga 22:23 27 Oct 2004

iambeavis. Meshuga.

Meshuga 22:37 27 Oct 2004

Have looked in Restricted Sites and CoolWWWSearch. and CoolWWWSearch.com. are listed. Do I still ignore it as it`s not causing trouble ? Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone