Cooliris slowing Laptop Down?

hawthorn59 17:16 10 Sep 2010

I installed Cooliris a few days ago, and I THINK that since I did, my internet is sluggish. Could this be? For example sometimes when i type a word, the letters dont appear for a few seconds, then all appear together.

Also it takes a second or 2 for the mouse pointer to become "active" over a link.

Or even, like just there now, when I pressed the return key, it took 1-2 seconds before anything happened.

So 2 questions:

1 Is this likely to be caused by Cooliris or does it sound like a laptop problem or internet problem?

2 If so, how do I uninstall Cooliris? Revo Uninstaller and Add/Remove programs cant find it! There is a folder listed but its empty. There is an icon in the toolbar, when I click it the programe opens. So how does one get rid of it?

I suppose first of all I need to establish if my "slow typing" and other problems are as a result of Cooliris or a different problem.

thanks in advance

h

grey george 17:49 10 Sep 2010

I have cooliris and it does not effect my machine. If you click tools from the ie menu bar and then choose manage add-ons, you should be able to disable cooliris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?