Cooling

Sapins 14:43 08 Aug 2003

I have read lots of threads on cooling a computer anyone any suggestions to cool the user in 42c temperature?

Regards,

Sapins.

scooby43 14:50 08 Aug 2003

hi Sapins

Is you cpu and AMD or a Pentium 4 ? because if its and AMD 42c is normal temperature so need to worry all you need to make sure you have a suitable fan

cheers

-pops- 14:53 08 Aug 2003

I always think a cup of tea is one of the best things to cool you down. Certainly not cold drinks.

Brian

Djohn 14:59 08 Aug 2003

Large block of Ice placed in front of a fan! It really does work. and as -pops- says, a nice cup of tea ;o)

Brian-336451 15:14 08 Aug 2003

Try one of those sprays used to dampen ironing (what's that I hear) and spray it across the output from a fan - it has to be on the finest setting, or one of those pump up bottles for dispensing stuff onto the roses.

It feels great and cools you quite a lot without soaking you completely.

B*gger the computer, that can be dealt with later!

Sapins 15:22 08 Aug 2003

Not THAT Brian May, tried the "Roses" spray, the wife says I shouldn't get greenfly now! Leaving the computer on, its cooling the room down;-)

Sapins 15:23 08 Aug 2003

Now I know its too hot I'm talking to myself!!

Jester2K II 17:07 08 Aug 2003

I heard that too - but i found that when i poured it over my head (as per the London Marathon) it definately made me hotter!!

I tried a couple of fans as per my PC case (one blowing in and one drawing out) but cut my tongue on the blades. Sitting down was out too.

A cool shower every 30 mins or so seems to work best....

Smiler 17:37 08 Aug 2003

I think scooby43 lost the plot. I have a room fan blowing warm air from the passage over my naked body (not a pretty sight)which evaporates the moisture giving the illusion of cooling, but I'm still B***** hot!!!!!!!!!!

Terrahawk 17:56 08 Aug 2003

side off pc huge floor standing fan dunno if its cooling the pc but it sure blows the dust out

Smiler 18:10 08 Aug 2003

We're not trying to cool the pc we want to cool the user??????????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?