Cookies, Temp. Internet Files and Firefox

O2 20:09 26 May 2005

I'm sure that this is a simple one! Please could someone tell me if Firefox (and other browsers for that matter) stores Cookies and Temporary Files in the same folders as does Internet Explorer? Many thanks.

dagwoood 21:31 26 May 2005

O2, Firefox's temp internet files and cookies are stored in a different location than I.E..

As for other browsers, it depends on the browser, as some browsers integrate with I.E. and store temp files and cookies in the same locations as I.E.(Avant, Slimbrowser, Maxthon to name a few).

The latest version of Netscape uses a different location than I.E.(it's basically Firefox with knobs on now).

I would imagine Opera uses a different location, but as I'm not familiar with it, I couldn't say this with certainty.

HTH, dagwoood.

O2 21:42 26 May 2005

Thanks very much for this, Dagwood.
Would you happen to know how/where to locate the relevant folders used by firefox. The reason I ask is so that I can securely erase bank-related material if necessary. Cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:06 26 May 2005

C:\Documents and Settings\your logon\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5c1jpopi.default\Cache

dagwoood 22:06 26 May 2005

O2, the files are located in your profile folder which is here:

C:\Documents and Settings\"user name"\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\"random string".default

To clear these, the easiest way is to open Firefox, click on Tools > Options > Privacy and you have the option to clear your cache(temp.internet files)and cookies.

HTH, dagwoood.

dagwoood 22:07 26 May 2005

Fruit Bat /\0/\ types faster :D

O2 09:16 27 May 2005

Dagwood and Fruit Bat/\0/\, your advice is much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017