Cookies On My Site

ktheed1 00:32 29 Sep 2004

hi there,

my website i have made and run is having problems with people logging in which i know is due to the cookies settings being to high it is created in .php and to be able to login to the members area or even my personal admin area the settings for cookies have to be set to "Allow All" how do i get around this as most of my members are set to medium, how do other sites get around this do they have some kind of certificate as i can login to ebay fine with my cookies set to high

Taran 20:03 29 Sep 2004

Instead of relying solely on cookies, try a combination of cookies and user sessions.

I love PHP user sessions. You can personalise and control access to sections of your site with their aid.

Unfortunately the subject is very, very large and without a great deal of information on your part it is impossible to even touch upon a how-to walkthrough.

Take a look here:

click here

click here

click here

click here

You may also want to consider some of the content on your site before posting a link to it (in your other thread). Definitions of acceptable content can vary slightly, depending on the audience involved, but I don't feel that some of your content is appropriate for general display in this forum. Not all forum members are adults and even those who are would find some of your images offensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?