Cookies

Bass99 18:31 25 Jun 2003

Having just gone broadband I am reviewing systems and securities. I discover that as well as \windows\tempory internet I also have \windows\cookies, with over 200 cookies in. This with Windows ME. This site with warning restricted site.

I am a low to moderate techie by default, being the only one to do the job. Internet Options does not direct me towards this folder, deelete cookies only removes from tempory internet. Some cookies are obvious i.e. pcadvisor, but others I have not a clue what they are, and the resticted site warning makes me cautious. Do I delete the lot? or the ones I don't reconise?

I have my security for cookies set at medium, any higher then accessing web sites becomes difficult, but I do object to the arrogance of people and a system which thinks they are entitled to write to my private computer without asking or advising me of what they are doing.

spikeychris 18:35 25 Jun 2003

You can delete al the cookies if you want. Type cookies into run.

You will have to input all your details again into sites like PCA though.

Chris

Gaz 25 18:36 25 Jun 2003

I have not got C:/windows/cookies

You can delete them.

Espcially: bfast, doubleclick, ad, adtech, etc...

lop.com too.

Infact you could download click here to delete the tracking ones.,

graham√ 19:58 25 Jun 2003

Cookie Wall gives you total control over cookies. Delete the lot and then let the ones you want come back by setting 'prompt'. click here

Bass99 20:47 25 Jun 2003

I have dowloaded Ad-aware,
which looks good, but so does Cookie Wall.

Is this a case of one or the other, or both being complementary?

graham√ 09:31 26 Jun 2003

Cookie Wall will 'kill' cookies you have identified to delete automatically. Set it to 'prompt' and when you visit a site it will tell you when a cookie has been received, giving you options what to do with it.

Ad-aware will find spyware, including cookies, that are already on the comp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?