Cookies

pt121 21:28 13 Feb 2003

I keep getting a message saying that Cookies are not activated on my Explorer 5.5. I have checked in security and they are.

any ideas how I resolve this ??

Paul

Lú-tzé 22:12 13 Feb 2003

Clear your temp internet files and delete your cookies. That should sort you out.

Lú-tzé 12:01 16 Feb 2003

Received by email:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Thanks for your reply to the cookie problem I have. Following on from this I deleted all the temp files as suggested, and still can not get on web sites that require cookies enabled. As said i checked them by going onto internet options, security, and then custom level, and they show as enabled.

Any other ideas would be great .

Paul

I am not sure if IE 5.5 has the option of repair - go into add/remove programs in the control panel and choose to remove MS Internet Explorer. That may give you an option to repair and if so, try a repair.

If that does not help, install IE6 or uninstall 5.5 and go for 5.01. That is the version I use if using IE and it seems fine for me. If you don't have IE6 on a CD and don't want to download it, send me an email and I will send it to you on a CD rom.

Finally, try Mozilla - it is as good as IE and much more customisable in terms of dealing with cookies, as well as having a built-in popup stopper. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?