cookies

jolorna 07:28 10 Oct 2006

is it my settings or a2 having a bad time i used to only have 2 cookies then it went to 4 and with the update today its 35 but i can't see what these cookies are, xp home, ie7rc1,use ccleaner, even reg seeker won't show the cookies, now stumped

birdface 07:59 10 Oct 2006

Hi ,running mine at the moment, It has picked out 43 cookies .I know that some cookies are harmless,and some programs need them to run properly.I take it A2 knows the good one's from the bad one's,

birdface 08:02 10 Oct 2006

Should have added, Someone with a bit more sense than me will come back and explain why, I always thought that all cookies were bad cookies,

jolorna 08:09 10 Oct 2006

its just so strange why i have got so many now

birdface 08:32 10 Oct 2006

It must know what one's to allow .and what not to,Clever folk that make up those programs,I wondered why so many,Like I said , they know what they are doing, And I havent a clue.

jolorna 11:37 10 Oct 2006

^

terryf 12:01 10 Oct 2006

Some cookies are good, for example my bank puts a cookie in to remember that it is me coming back to log on and remembers the initial bit of info to log-in (much more is needed to actually log-in), Classic-fm remembers me with a cookie, even this PCA site knows it is me and invites me to log-in. Some cookies wot are bad track your usage of web-sites. So it is a bit like the curates egg, only bad in parts

jolorna 12:12 10 Oct 2006

i agree that cookies are required but after clearing the cookies in the past i would just be left with 2 when i did a scan with a2 last week it went to 4 & after todays update of a2 i now have 35 cookies even after i have cleaned the cookies out, i have looked on the a2 site but nothing is showing about it, so for some reason or other these extra cookies which i can't find any trace of anywhere is just nagging me

anskyber 12:16 10 Oct 2006

When did you go to IE7 RC1, has it happened since then?

TonyV 12:18 10 Oct 2006

Try going in to Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Advanced and stting your cookie level in there.

TonyV

jolorna 12:18 10 Oct 2006

i have been on IE7 RC1 from the time it was released & was using IE7 from the time that it was released

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone