cookies

grumpano 17:57 12 Jun 2004

Can anybody tell me an easy way to delete my cookies leaving selected ones on my pc
Thank you

carver 18:32 12 Jun 2004

Try this click here it's easy to use and it will allow you to save the cookies you need. It will also delete safely any Temp internet files and it's not a million miles away.

rawprawn 19:05 12 Jun 2004

You can also go to tools/internet options/privacy/advanced tick override auto cookie handling/then put a tick in prompt for !st party cookies and tick in block 3rd party cookies.. When you go to a site it will ask you if you want the cookie, if you do click OK and also put a tick in the box to always accept cookies from that site, if not tick blockand tick remember. It's a bit of a hassle at first but soon your computer knows what you want to do with cookies.

rawprawn 19:06 12 Jun 2004

PS. you can also change them at any time by clicking the edit button.

grumpano 22:10 12 Jun 2004

Thank you

ChrisAnnSen 23:30 12 Jun 2004

I don't know whether this is the right thing to do but I've put the Cookies folder on to my desktop and delete any I don't recognise. There are 11 that I keep on and all the rest get deleted after every session.

Wak 11:36 13 Jun 2004

I use Jason Levine's Cookie Jar which lets you choose which to keep and which to always delete.

ianeon 13:35 13 Jun 2004

Download "Cookie Viewer" from click here and while at the site have a look at what else is on offer - some pretty good programmes and all free !!!!

ianeon 13:37 13 Jun 2004

You could also look at "cookie wall" from ANALOGX which is a very good prog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?