cookie tracking

phd1 10:49 22 Sep 2008

how can i stop collecting cookies. is there smome software i can buy or a system setup i can do. at present i am using AVG 8 Pro and my anti virus software but in the C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Cookies its collecting cookies, which i presume are beign sent out

Cheers
Phil

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:26 22 Sep 2008

Cookies are harmless and will not send out personal info to hackers and the like. On many sites you need to have cookies enabled to visit them. They take up hardly any space but if you do want rid of them use Ccleaner click here which is an excellent free utility. AV software will not stop them as they are a) necessary and b) harmless.

G

Sea Urchin 11:28 22 Sep 2008

You need cookies to be able to use websites - if you delete them they will be reintroduced if you visit the website again. As long as you have AV and AntiSpyware protection in place to detect any malicious intruders, which you seem to have, then you've nothing to fear from them.

Carafaraday 18:34 22 Sep 2008

You can easily delete them, at least in XP. Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Delete - I delete files and cookies on a regular basis - maybe once a week.
Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie