Cookie problem?

Ex plorer 17:31 21 Sep 2007

Hi I am trying to purchase items from a trusted site one I will trust anyway, and it says it cant place a Cookie to keep up with my basket .
I have never had this problem before and I buy most days on the net so whats stopping it.
Ex

Ex plorer 17:33 21 Sep 2007

I am running IE7 and found the items I want through images its a big out-let for fishing Tackle.

birdface 17:34 21 Sep 2007

If you have the web address you could try. Tools Internet options,privacy.Sites,Put in the address of the website and press allow.See if that helps.

Ex plorer 17:46 21 Sep 2007

Hi thanks thats sorted it buteman

Ex plorer 01:24 22 Sep 2007

The problems back why I don't know how can I set my browser to accept cookies, its just started today and I have made no alterations.

Ex plorer 01:30 22 Sep 2007

in Tools its set to accept cookies so whats amiss.

rdave13 01:44 22 Sep 2007

Are you sometimes running a program like Ccleaner? Might need to configure it to allow certain cookies. It could also be one of your security applications that are preventing access.

birdface 09:40 22 Sep 2007

Well that one did not last long.If you are running C Cleaner like rdave 13 said.you have to put the cookies that you want to save in the right hand box or they will be deleted.You could try View,Web page privacy policy.Make sure your web site is not dissabled.You can also press settings while in there and make sure it is set to default,apply ok.Do you use the Add-On IE7 pro bye any chance.

Ex plorer 12:31 22 Sep 2007

I ran Shredder a while back but the problem only started yesterday and I cant buy today as cookies are not allowed for some reason.
I don't have C Cleaner. I don't use the Add-On IE7 pro.
Just noticed that the cookie settings were greyed out so I have ticked the box and OK ed it. Is that what you mean by Website been Disabled.

birdface 12:44 22 Sep 2007

The cookie settings were greyed out.Were they greyed out on Internet Properties.Or greyed out on Web Page Privacy Policy .I relly do not know how or why they have been greyed out,But as you Okay'd it,Are they working now.

birdface 12:47 22 Sep 2007

Can you copy the website you are trying to open and post it here to see if we can open it Ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?