Converting WMA files to MP3

bruno 16:28 18 Mar 2006

I used to do this with CD Creator which does not work on my new computer.It came with Nero 6 and I cannot find the way to do it on here(or even if it does it).My Granddaughter has a little MP3 player which only accepts MP3 files(mine does both).

woodchip 16:32 18 Mar 2006
  bruno 16:44 18 Mar 2006

Thanks Woodchip.I was hoping for a freebie as I will only be doing this for her on a one off basis.It is to test a new player before I send it to her as a present.I assumed when I bought it that it would be like mine and accept WMA.I should read the blurb more carefully.

ton 16:55 18 Mar 2006

CDex will do it, very good and free click here

Mytob 17:28 18 Mar 2006

also try winLAME. Its open soure. Although its in pre rlease stage i find it works no problems. Id also forget wma as it in my opinion have such a good quality as mp3 does. In any case wma and wmv come with a load of drm rubbish which im very much against where as ogg or similer have better quality and no drm and the encoder/decoders are opensource!!!!

bruno 17:28 18 Mar 2006

Thanks for that,TON.I have downloaded it and will give it a go after the football is done.Cheers.

bruno 17:30 18 Mar 2006

Thanks for your input,Mytob.We must have posted together.I will have a look at that one as well.

bruno 19:31 18 Mar 2006

Mission accomplished using winLAME.It was really easy to use.I also managed to get my CD Creator working as well by downloading the updates and then installing it.So it has all been a success.Thank you both for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone