Converting tapes to CD Using ION's TTUSB05XL

Umfreville 16:52 30 Jan 2009

I've been using ION's USB turntable (TTUSB05XL) to convert vinyl to CD very successfully. Now I want to convert tapes using the same machine. I've connected a tape player to the back of the turntable as instructed, using the right cable, but can't get any sound through to the PC speakers or to register on Mixmeister's converting software. I'm a complete novice and pig ignorant about sound. Does anyone know what else I should be doing. Ion's manual is not helpful.

eedcam 18:46 30 Jan 2009

No need to go via the turntable you can just go from your phono outputs or headphone jack on the tape deck direct to line in on your PC.If you are using phono and have 2 leads alitle Y adapter form Maplins or most tv shops isall you need to come down to one Jack if you ned any more info just ask

eedcam 19:03 30 Jan 2009

Should have adde3d norn do you need that softwre just select line in on the Audcity mixer box when you open

Umfreville 09:57 31 Jan 2009

Thanks, eedcam -- I'll try out your suggestion about Audacity. I've got that installed and have used it for editing work, but shrank from using it for the conversions, preferring the childish simplicity of MixMeister.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?