Converting PDF

geoff47 22:50 30 Oct 2008

I have been sent a pricelist that opens in Adobe Acrobat Reader, is there anyway I can convert or copy this document to another application such as Excel so that I can calculate VAT ?
I understand Adobe Reader is just that, a reader, but is there another program that could open it, to enable me to work on it ?
Many thanks for any help

Technotiger 22:55 30 Oct 2008
  geoff47 23:08 30 Oct 2008

Can I open the document directly into this program ?

Pesala 04:46 31 Oct 2008

is just another PDF reader. Programs that can edit a PDF are rare. PagePlus 11 onwards will open them.

I found that I could get an online table into an OpenOffice table by copy and paste from Internet Explorer. That may also work with copy and paste from Adobe Reader, but maybe not. The data in a PDF file is not a table — just plain text.

Try pasting the text into Word, WordPerfect, or OpenOffice Writer, and then converting the text to a table.

Technotiger 09:01 31 Oct 2008
  Technotiger 09:07 31 Oct 2008

Or, very much better which I have myself, but not free is PDF Converter 4Pro, which does have the ability to convert to Excel among many others.

Free to try click here

Pesala 15:32 31 Oct 2008

Foxit Reader is a decent light weight alternative PDF reaader, but Foxit PDF Editor is useless for this task.

A spreadsheet is not a table in a PDF, but just text surrounded by lines. PDF is a format for output, not for document exchange.

Just open the PDF in any PDF reader and copy the text. Paste that into a good wordprocessor and convert it to text.

PDF Converter is a different beast altogether, and might indeed convert the pseudo-table to a proper table.

geoff47 19:07 31 Oct 2008

I still am not sure what Im doing, but have found a program that works enough for me to do what I wanted to.
It means copying and pasting labourously though.
I have tried the Programs as suggested and have ended up with Free PDF to Word Doc Converter click here
It seems to do the job in a round about way

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?