Converting DVD to View on Nokia N95 8GB

cluckinbell 16:53 06 Aug 2008

I am really struggling to find a neat simple way of converting my DVD collection to suitable files (MP4) to watch on my phone.

There must be a way to compress the file down to circa 300-500 MB and convert it at the same time.

Any suggestions of good software to do this? I have tried various combinations but all have been unsatisfactory, i have used:

DVD Shrink
Videora
DVD Decrypter
Nokia software bundled with phone, but that needs an existing video file, not a DVD.

DippyGirl 17:09 06 Aug 2008

This click here will convert to MP4 ... dont know if you will get the required compression though

Ditch999 17:18 06 Aug 2008

Aim for this

mp4 container H264 video 320x240 resolution, 720kpbs. AAC audio at 48kbps

Using this software SuperĀ© click here

cluckinbell 17:23 06 Aug 2008

DippyGirl

Thnaks for the post but that programme wont work on copy protected DVD's, so a bit of a non starter really.

Ditch,

I shall give it a go and report back, cheers.

cluckinbell 17:47 06 Aug 2008

Super and DVD shrink both do that, but what you have just said makes my point.

I own dozens of DVD's, i own a Nokia N95 with a screen large enough it will can play video and be watchable when i am stuck away from home overnight. Why on earth does there not appear to be ONE piece of software that will take a DVD convert it to a suitable format, compress it and work with the copy protection software.

I am bored of having to use three programmes to convert one film, there must be a solution out there!?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone