Converting a .doc file into jpg

NewestRoyWidd1 18:05 13 Feb 2009

Hello,a cousin has sent me a photo that she scanned into a Word file as a .doc,is there a way that I can convert it to a jpeg so it can be altered using either Irfanview or Photoshop please?
I opened the file using MS Word Viewer,no real hurry for replies because I'm off to work soon until tomorrow morning.I'm on XP Pro sp2.
Many thanks in advance,NRW1

woodchip 18:08 13 Feb 2009

Don't think so, it will be part of the page

Technotiger 18:10 13 Feb 2009

You should be able to right-click on the photo and choose to 'save as' then choose .jpg and save in My Pictures.

NewestRoyWidd1 18:19 13 Feb 2009

Technotiger;I tried that thanks but it can't be done,perhaps you are right woodchip,but I'll check for more replies-if any-in the morning,many thanks though for your prompt answers.
NRW1

Technotiger 18:26 13 Feb 2009

Yes, sorry about that, having re-read your post, I would not have made that suggestion. I was thinking more about photos in emails, not scanned into documents.

Fermat's Theorem 18:37 13 Feb 2009

copy the doc file and insert it into PowerPoint, do whatever cropping and trimming you need and then save that slide as a jpeg.

Hope this helps :-)

Technotiger 18:40 13 Feb 2009

Or, thinking alone the lines suggested by Fermat's Theorem, you could use FastStone Capture to do a screenshot of just the Picture. FastStone will automatically save the picture to your My Pictures in jpeg format.

Eric10 18:50 13 Feb 2009

Similar idea to Technotiger.
Open the document and zoom the page to a size where the photo looks good then use a free screen grabber such as MWSnap click here to capture just the photo. If you are going to work on it I would recommend saving it as a .tif or .bmp as these are "non-lossy formats" then you can open it in your graphics program and do what you like with it. You can save as a jpeg after you have finished with it to reduce the file size.

Technotiger 18:55 13 Feb 2009

This is an example of what I mean by doing a screenshot with FastStone Capture ...

click here

Technotiger 18:58 13 Feb 2009

PS - click on the pic to enlarge it.

Technotiger 19:00 13 Feb 2009

PPS - you can then right-click on the pic and save it in the normal way, in your My Pictures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?