Converting Canon Starwriter discs

immer 10:07 08 Mar 2003

Saved old Canon Starwriter discs use Canon text dos file converter disc. My old starwriter has died but I cannot get file conversion without screwing up my modern computer. Help! Any ideas?
Immer

howard60 11:22 08 Mar 2003

that can read these is the old word perfect for dos - I do not know if the latter word perfect can read it. How many discs or files are there? if only a few I could load up the prog and convert them for you.

immer 20:51 09 Mar 2003

Thanks Howard60
Windows will cut & save the Canon files to a new file on my computer & I can save them as "Text" files. When my Corel or Microsoft programs translate these they screw up after a short time. Using reveal code I can cut out suspicious bits but then the whole prog locks up & I must restart my system to resolve it....
I have the canon Dos converter prog disc but it needs to run from Wordstar to work so I'm stuck!
Any more Ideas folks!
Immer

DieSse 21:59 09 Mar 2003

In the (Word 2000) File menu, choose open, then choose, from the file type pull down, "Recover text from any File" option.

You will have to get rid of some formatting rubbish, but I've used this sucessfully on similar WP files.

immer 22:42 09 Mar 2003

Thanks DieSse. I only have Word97 so maybe the more modern version works better. What about address files? Are we able to convert them to some sort of Chart? XL perhaps. I couldn't get it to work.... anyone know what to do please?
Immer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017