converting BBC IPlayer video to DVD Format

Mark-335400 16:42 12 Apr 2008

I have no intetions of mass copying/conterfeiting protected recordings, I simply missed the first of the new series of my family last night. All was not lost I thought I could download it from the BBC using there IPlayer service. All went well but it means 'me and the mrs' will now hove to huddle up to the pc in the back bedroon to watch it whilst sitting in the living room is a nice jvc tv with a lovely 3 peice suite, hopefully you can see where I am coming from with this. I have checked out previous postings to the help room and tried a few of the recomendations but I have been messing at it now for 4 1/2 hours and the dam thing was only on for 1/2 and hour. Please, please can anyone recomend a SIMPLE and FREE way which would allow me to convert the downland so that i can watch on the dvd player in the living room

Earthsea 17:34 12 Apr 2008

It's repeated tomorrow on BBC1 at 7.00pm.

Mark-335400 18:00 12 Apr 2008

Thankyou very much, the only reason I got involved with down loading it was because 'she, the gauardian of the remote control' said it wasnt repeated. Thankyou
PS It still would have been interesting to have found out how to convert them.

eedcam 18:05 12 Apr 2008

Simple answer you can burn it to a dvd easily but it wont be a dvd in the normal sense it will only play on the pc unless your player is different and can play data file . Also it will still self destruct after the time period even on the dvd ..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?