Converting AVI & MPEG

Newuser3052 14:30 03 Oct 2003

Have several videos in these formates. Can any one tell me how to burn to DVD. What i really need is a prog that converts them back to VOB files ready for burning. Running Win XP. Thanks for your help

Wes Tam ;-) 16:50 03 Oct 2003

There's a discussion here re your query click here and software from click here

y_not 17:28 03 Oct 2003

click here will encode to Mpeg2, they offer a version that will author to DVD standard (as you say, VOB files).

I usually allow Pinnacle Studio 8 ( click here ) to author for me .... assume you are aware that the authoring produces a VIDEO_TS file and within that are the VOB files - it's these that you burn to DVD.

Hope it helps - also you could look at click here for detailed advice on DVD burning/video editing

BJ 19:07 03 Oct 2003

Try out Nero version 6 I use it to convert avi file I capture from video recorder to make SVCD discs. Looking at nero it appears to offer the same options for burning DVD's.

Nero converts the files to the correct format and then burns the disc, mind you it can take along time to convert the file format.

Bj

Newuser3052 13:12 05 Oct 2003

Thank you everyone have tried Nero works but very sloooow

SEASHANTY 13:30 05 Oct 2003

^

y_not 16:35 05 Oct 2003

If it helps - I use Duron 1200, 756Mb RAM, 5400 HDD's ---- Not exactly high spec!

A one hour file takes 3 - 5 hours to encode!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?