Convert .tif from RGB to CMYK

jaap1234 17:48 09 Jun 2008

Hi,

I'm having about 550 pictures here which I would like to have in a CMYK format. Right now they're in RGB. They are .tif files and I would like to keep it that way.

Converting them one by one in photoshop is a lot of work (a whooole lot of work!) so does one of you know a program which can convert a lot of them at once?

Thanks in advance!!!
Jaap

rossgolf 19:03 09 Jun 2008

try searching google for a batch converter

jack 19:26 09 Jun 2008

Google for the Free version

cycoze 21:28 09 Jun 2008

You can record and run a batch file in photoshop, no need to download any other programs.

cycoze 19:27 10 Jun 2008

jaap1234 asked via email how to convert from RGB to CMYK in CS3.

On the top menu bar, "file edit image layer etc etc". click on "Image" then on "Mode" in the sub menu you will see a list of colour modes to choose from, RGB will have a tick beside it, simply click on CMYK below that and your image will be converted to CMYK, and it will remain as a TIF file.

I would suggest as it is the first time of trying it for safeties sake you make a copy of the folder containing your images and give it a different name, and for the sake of the instructions below i'll call it FOLDERRGB, and also make a new folder to save the converted images into, again for the instructions below we will call it FOLDERCMYK

Open a file, click on "create new action", give the action a namefor these instructions we will call it CMYKCONVERSION, click "OK", in the "Actions Palette", click on "record", now click on "Image>Mode>CMYK", now click on "Stop Recording", close the file but when asked to save changes click on NO.

Click on "File>Automate>Batch" from the new window make sure you select CMYKCONVERSION as your action, for the source choose folder and then clcik on the "Choose" button and select your copied folder named FOLDERRGB, tick the boxes marked "surpress file open options" and "surpress colour profile warnings"...

In the bottom hafl of the window select folder again and click on the "Choose" button but this time select your destination folder named FOLDERCMYK, on the file naming i suggest i easiest to leave the default as the Documents name and extension, make your starting serial ~ 001...

Finally click on "OK" and CS£ will start opening/converting/saving each of the images one at a time, it should not take too long to complete the operation.

This may look a bit long winded at first read but it only takes a couple of minutes to do.

jaap1234 19:26 11 Jun 2008

Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?