Convert PDF to Docx

audeal 22:57 15 Jan 2009

I am using Foxit Reader 2.3 on my XP Pro and have a pdf file which I would like to convert to Office 2007 docx file.

Does anyone know of a program which will convert the pdf file so I can load it into Office and edit it. The document is an Instruction Manual for an old 6x CD Player which I have just been given with no Manual, so I downloaded it and it is in four different languages and I want to edit out the unwanted languages to make the Manual more manageable and printable.

Thanks for any help.

Technotiger 22:59 15 Jan 2009

You might find something here ... click here

DieSse 01:12 16 Jan 2009

Try a simple cut and paste of the parts you want. Adobe Acrobat Reader cab
n do this. Don't know about Foxit tho'.

DieSse 01:13 16 Jan 2009

whoops - sorry - can do this - it should read.

howard64 09:40 16 Jan 2009

I have serif page plus which can import pdf documents and allows you to alter them as you require. They can then be saved as either pdf or ppp documents. When on the screen in page plus you can select all and copy the document. This can then be pasted into word but as a picture [an exact copy of what was on the screen]. This could also be pasted into an ocr prog to turn into text if that is required. Dont know if this is any help but at least as a picture in word it shows correctly and can therefore be seen by anyone with word that it is sent to. Various older versions of serif page plus are available for free download from the serif site.

audeal 12:07 16 Jan 2009

First off, Technotiger: I have done a search on this forum without success and also done a Goggle with much the same results as you got, but nothing there. Like everyone else, I am looking for free software and goggling does not often come up with free software.

Dies: I have been doing a cut and paste to transfer the instructions but it only copies the text and not the pictures, so I have been using Screen Rip 32 to transfer the pictures. It is a long tedious process so I was looking for a small program to do the job for me. Maybe I will have to continue to do it this way.

Howard: I think I may have an old copy of Page Plus tucked away somewhere. I will have to look for it if I can't find anything else. I keep all my old Cd's in a box and will need to go through them.

Thanks for you suggestions. If anybody else has any further suggestions for me then please let me know.

Taff™ 10:02 17 Jan 2009

PDF2Word click here works for me. Take the free download and try it but there are some limitations. You can only convert one document at a time and only 5 pages but it should give you a good idea of it`s capabilities.

PalaeoBill 12:38 17 Jan 2009

Its a bit of a sledgehammer to a nut but OpenOffice3 with the PDF add-on will load .PFD files into draw. You can then cut and paste the entire document contents to Word.

audeal 20:42 17 Jan 2009

Well thanks for you help everyone. I will take a look at Open Office 3 and also Page Plus. If these do not work then I will have to continue with the Copy and Paste. I will close this thread now. Thanks All.

audeal 20:43 17 Jan 2009

Well thanks for you help everyone. I will take a look at Open Office 3 and also Page Plus. If these do not work then I will have to continue with the Copy and Paste. I will close this thread now. Thanks All.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?