Convert Lotus document to Word

  Hookyman 07:42 29 Oct 2004

How can I convert a large document which we have in Lotus SmartSuite version 9.8 to Microsoft Word.
This document is in double column and with small pictures and clipart and will made up as small book. So for printing we wish it to be one document in Word ready for printing.
When trying to convert in the normal way it does not transfer over in the same layout etc.



  Diodorus Siculus 08:07 29 Oct 2004

I am not certain, but would think that your best option would be to output to PDF before printing.

Is there a specific reason for converting to Word?

  Taff36 08:13 29 Oct 2004

I assume you have used the Microsoft provided converters and imported the document into Word. If so what happens if you open the document in Lotus and then save as a Microsoft Word Document?

It is a long time since I had to do this with clip art etc and to be quite honest I think Diodorus`s comment may be the answer If you have access to the Lotus Program but even then the PDF converters may not give a 100% match.

Exactly how big is the document?

  Hookyman 13:47 29 Oct 2004

Thank you for your replies.
The document is about 100 pages and with some clipart and photos. The reason for wanting it converted to Word is that the person who is going to print this into a small book for me wants it in Word.

  Diodorus Siculus 17:14 29 Oct 2004

Maybe you could give him Lotus to install for the time being...

  blanco 17:20 29 Oct 2004

I have used Lotus Smart Suite in various editions up to my current 9.7

You can save a document in most formats - just click the save as panel. My latest is Word 2000 but this will be fully compatible with newer versions.

Mind you, it should also be true at the other end in that you should be able to import WordPro into MS Word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?