Convert 3GPP files

Totally-braindead 15:40 12 Jul 2007

Looking for a freeware program to convert 3GPP videos from a mobile phone into a format that can be burnt to a CD and viewed on a standalone CD player.
I've tried Anyvideo convertor and a couple of others but haven't had much success.
Anyone know of a program that works, preferably freeware that will do this and what format should you make the files?

James1947 16:38 12 Jul 2007

This freeware converts just about anything to anything else.

click here

sorry dont if this is what u want but available on giveawayoftheday for free
click here

Totally-braindead 18:52 12 Jul 2007

Thank you both I'll give them a try.

Jake_027 20:04 12 Jul 2007

If either of those don't work, this site works for converting my phones 3gp videos, just make sure you select 3gp video and not 3gp music.

click here

Totally-braindead 12:28 13 Jul 2007

What format should you make the files so they are readable/playable in a standalone DVD player?

Jake_027 12:47 15 Jul 2007

I changed them to .avi, which I could use in windows media player and movie maker, so I would assume if you did that and used movie maker to export to DVD you should be ok. You have got a dvd-rw and software haven't you? If you have no software i think click here does DVD burning, and if you have vista that has it inbuilt.

Good luck

Totally-braindead 12:53 15 Jul 2007

Got software thats no problem was just wondering what format to use, I'll try doing them as AVI files and see what happens as soon as I get a chance.

holme 20:20 10 Sep 2007

In theory you need MPEG2 format for burning to PAL DVD, but converting from AVI using the progs mentioned about will transcode to MPEG2 and burn to DVD in one (long!) pass.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?