Convert 36 mixed pages to 1 PDF?

Diemmess 11:32 02 Jul 2010

Village magazine, folded A4 sheets, making 36 separate A5 pages.
The pages are a mixture of Word.doc, Corel.cdr and the odd jpg.

I can print each individual page to PDF, but the file for the professional printer should be one single sequential PDF

An old copy of Acrobat v.6 will not open on
its own, (the whole thing freezes).

I would like to avoid having to make one ponderous Word file first, before conversion to PDF.

Anything I can do to achieve this?

woodchip 11:54 02 Jul 2010

This may work, you can download a free PDF creator that when you press print you choose the PDF creator as it loads like a printer. If you can open all the files you want into a Word Program. then choose in Menu Select all the click on Print choose PDF then try Print. There is nothing to loose
click here

Diemmess 12:20 02 Jul 2010

Thanks woodchip, I gave the village webmaster the entire last issue as one file, but can't remember the detail of how I did it!

I'm sure I did it via Word except that there are many advertising pages in cdr Corel files.
I probably exported this type into Word as some form of bitmap, but which?

bmp, jpg, tif or what? I need good resolution to preserve the crispness of the print.
Absolutely no Jaggies!

woodchip 14:58 02 Jul 2010

If you open in Corel then Save as Word doc

john bunyan 15:20 02 Jul 2010

Not sure if this helps, but you can create PDF's from MS Office 2007 with this add on - I have only just downloded it so have not yet tested it.

click here

john bunyan 15:25 02 Jul 2010

Also worth a try. I have this and have occasionally used it.

click here

Diemmess 17:39 02 Jul 2010

Yes, thanks both. Now having discussed ways and means I have unwittingly confused the problem.

Using an old copy of Acrobat I can save single files, large or small in PDF form.
What is not so easy is to add pages in Word (2007) when they come from a Corel CDR.

Because of time constraint I'm plodding on, adding Word pages (easy) and CDRs first exported
as JPG figety, but getting there.
I can make 36 separate PDFs BUT

I seem to have no way to add a PDF page to a PDF Document.

Simsy 18:51 02 Jul 2010

pdfFactory...

click here

The trial is unlimited, but until you pay for it you get a small "strapline" at he bottom of each page that says, "Printed with pdfFactory"

It's brilliant!

Together with it's partner software, FinePrint, they are the best utilities I have.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Diemmess 16:51 03 Jul 2010

Grateful for the link. After installing, pdFactory had to wait I while finished the document the hard way.

Now I have had a brief look I'm not sure it helps.
I have been making a complex Word doc of 36 pages including fancy formats and different applications
That was a job taking me hours!

The whole lot goes just over 27Mb for a single file, but "printing to" old Acrobat, gave no fuss and readily produced a single file of just over 5Mb which can be read and printed as any pdf.

Sorry if I'm too fuzzed to see it, but unless I can list files or at leat paste contents into a single (carrier sort of) file and then have it convert to pdf it will only do what is happening at present.
Any thoughts on how to make pdFactory show off?

Sea Urchin 17:43 03 Jul 2010

If you are already using Acrobat then make the 36 individual PDF files. Right click on the first one (in the order you require them in the new document) and select "Combine in adobe acrobat..." Then browse to page 2 - double click and then to page 3 etc.

When you have got all 36 pages (you have the option to change the order if you've made an error) click OK and there is your new 36 page PDF file.

Woolwell 20:10 03 Jul 2010

I wouldn't do this in Word but would use a DTP program like Serif PagePlus. The free versions don't export to pdf as far as I am aware but you should be able to get PagePlus 9 and above fairly cheaply and these do export to pdf after setting up your entire magazine importing the coral images as jpg.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?