conversion issues regarding codecs

martd77 11:00 14 Dec 2005

I do a lot o video encoding using the products,winavi 7,vso divx to dvd,nero vision but of late ive had some error messages,when starting to recode xvid,avi or mpeg to a dvd file structure i get the message "this program has to shut down etc etc" if i read the info section the error displayed is :
"c\documen~1\mart\locals~1\temp\9336-accompant.txt
Have uninstalled and reinstalled the programs with no success
Note ive never installed any codec packs havent needed to all the above progs worked faultlessy for six months now,did a full avg and adaware check and nothing cropped up apart from a few data miner cookies

Any help gratefully accepted

madPentium 09:13 16 Dec 2005

click here

its free and great

martd77 10:32 17 Dec 2005

thanks but im wary about adding a load of codecs as i havent had to do this previously,i have added the xvid\divx codec but that hasnt worked,have you installed these codecs an if so why? have had same or similar problems?

thanks for the link

ashdav 11:14 17 Dec 2005

Make sure you uninstall Nero properly. Using add/remove programs or the Nero uninstaller leaves files behind.
Download and install Ccleaner click here.
Remove Nero using add/remove programs then run Ccleaner using the issues function. Press ok at all prompts.
Keep running the issues function until nothing is found.
Reinstall Nero.
It sounds like you've got a corrupted file not a codec problem.

martd77 21:51 19 Dec 2005

Thanks for the ccleaner 234mb!however im still getting the same error,strange thing is when i have reinstalled win avi i noticed the default directory is
c\documen~1\mart\locals~1\temp
obviously i do change it to a different path.
Any one shed any more light on this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?