Conversion of backedup eml files back to text o

porridge 21:27 06 Mar 2007

This problem is still bugging me, and concerns both bak files and dbx files of Outlook Express origin. Does anyone know of a program which can convert them back to text and get them legible again. I would appreciate hearing about it.

Porridge

radi8or 04:41 07 Mar 2007

porridge,

This any good ?click here

Regards Bob

Batch 08:39 07 Mar 2007

Can't you just bring them back into OE?

Either Import

OR

Create an empty OE folder of the same name (as one you are trying to retrieve), then close OE, rename the OE folder (dbx file) just created and then copy the dbx file (that contains your mails) into the OE directory and open OE.

porridge 18:08 07 Mar 2007

Thank you Radi8or. I thought that the Amber program was just what I was looking for and downloaded the trial version. To my disappointment however I have been unable to find out how to use it. Some of the files I have tried to convert still come out in program language i.e. all squares and funny signs.

When I tried to get sent items to come up it only gave me the current OE ones and not the dbx versions.

Still as my old school motto read, NIL DESPERANDUM, so I shall continue to try and work it out. Thanks again.

Batch, thank you for your suggestion. I have been trying it out with little success I'm afraid. It all seems too complcated and won't come out as you suggest it should. Maybe its my age, I am an octogenerian.There again I shall keep trying.

Porridge.

Batch 08:12 08 Mar 2007

Porridge,

I see that in the title you refer to eml files, but in the body of the text you refer to dbx (and bak) files.

Could you clarify whether the files that you are trying to work with are .eml or .dbx ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?