Controlling emails whilst in hospital help please

golfpro 07:00 01 May 2004

In the next few weeks I have to go into hospital and will be there for two weeks minimum. I will not have access to a computer while I am there, so how can I control my emails during this time. The amount of spam I get every day will be building up by the hundreds. I have two email addresses, one is not used very much (my ISP account), but the other my Yahoo account is the one where all the spam and most of my normal mail comes from. Is there a way to reduce the time the emails stay on my computer before they are automatically deleted. Or is there a better way to control this. I also run Mailwasher (the 1st version).

Valvegrid 07:12 01 May 2004

You need to check with the hospital you are going to. A lot of them have 'PatientLine' installed, which gives telephone, TV and internet access, so if you can use web mail on your ISP you'll be able to manage your emails.

golfpro 07:12 01 May 2004

I forgot to mention both email accounts go through Outlook Express.

Valvegrid 07:23 01 May 2004

I think Yahoo can be accessed via web mail, I stand corrected because I don't use it, may someone can confirm. Alternatively, do you have a friend or relative you trust that could open your email account for you and delete the spam and print the emails off for you so you can peruse them when they visit? I do this for my son sometimes.

steve0 07:29 01 May 2004

Just ignore the spam in Yahoo. It is automatically deleted after 7 days, and does not count towards your 6Mb limit.

Steven135 08:00 01 May 2004

Do have someone who is able to switch on your PC you can program Mailwasher to automatically connect and to check your mail you can also program it to automatically delete blacklisted items.

golfpro 08:36 01 May 2004

The problem is I'm going in for a major opp. and for seven or eight days after I wont even be able to get out of bed never mind make my way to a computer, as for someone els checking my mail, no, some of it is pretty sensitive (my eyes only).
I think I shall have to try and reprogramme Yahoo and see if I can get the spam delete time reduced.

Valvegrid 08:38 01 May 2004

Hope everything goes well, good luck.

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?