Control Panel hangs

Ian Clark 12:13 07 Feb 2006

Hi,

I have searched the forum and found what looks like a solution to my problem, only the solutions stop at windows 200 and I have xp.

When i open control panel, it only half opens, with a blank set of windows. I get an error report for microsoft - send/dont send - but no fix. I then have to shut down control panel through task manager.

Any clues as to how to fix this in win xp?

I have also looked at the microsoft site that the previous solution linked to but again, cant find an xp solution.

I have had this before, and restored my pc to an earlier time. I have just installed a linksys wirles g router - which seems to work.

Help!?!

ian

Mytob 12:41 07 Feb 2006

dl a error scanner run it ans see what happens after fixing everything. there may be a demo version of norton systemworks or utilitys which may be of sum help.

Ian Clark 12:59 07 Feb 2006

having scrathed around the internet, i appear to have a dr watsopn postmortem thing goin on.

All the solutions i have seen look very complex. Is there an easy way to resolve this?

Thanks

Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?