Control another PC remotely, Simple, Low cost Safe

compumac 09:45 24 Nov 2008

Today my daughter has to provide some photographs to the local paper. She has a 3 year old child giving her little time to concentrate on any hobbies she may have. She needs some advice in Photoshop and I am travelling some 24 miles to her home to show her how to do the necessary. It would advantageous if, when she found time available to her, she could contact me so that I could sit at my PC in my home and control her PC to demonstrate the actions required in Photoshop with her, then she could show me that she had followed my advice. I have looked at one or two software sites and they are obviously aimed at people doing want I want to do, but professionally - along with all the bells and whistles that come with it. I do not mind paying (free would be most acceptable) but do not want anything overly complicated.
Something simple, effective, safe and not too costly.
Advice please.

FreeCell 09:54 24 Nov 2008

Try Crossloop.
You both need to download the software and your daughter can control your access.Should suit your needs well.

click here

Technotiger 10:06 24 Nov 2008
  oldbeefer2 10:28 24 Nov 2008

I'm with Technotiger - I use this to help my brother with his frequent difficulties since having a stroke last year. All he has to do is open the file and tell me the password that's been generated. I can then manipulate his computer as if I were there. H**l of a lot easier than driving 100mls as I used to do!

compumac 17:15 24 Nov 2008

Technotiger/oldbeefeater2
Gggreat programme as you say, seems very easy to use. I have not yet installed the programme as such - only run it but it functioned as per my needs - I was able to access my daughters PC and show her how to carry out certain operations without me moving out into the cold damp air and making my cold any worse.

What do you feel are the advantages to actually installing the programme itself?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone