continuous ink ?

Rtus 22:22 15 Sep 2006

Ciss (I think)do epson continuos ink tank kit for R300 and other models ,however I have a Epson RX500 ..Has anyone converted one & tried it & whats the results ?
thanks

vinnyT 15:33 16 Sep 2006

If you take a look at the 3rd entry on this page click here, it says;

"Compatible with Epson Stylus Photo RX420, RX425, RX520 printers."

I realise that the last one was rx520 and yours is an rx500, but they are from the same range, so they should be compatable.

I would give SVP (blankdiskshop) a ring on 08707 669166 or as they prefer communication by email, drop them an email at [email protected].

They are good co. to deal with.

Hope this helps.

vinnyT 15:41 16 Sep 2006

This link would suggest that the rx5oo is coverd by the r200/300 system, but as in my last link give svp (as they are cheaper) a call/email. click here

pj123 18:04 16 Sep 2006

vinnyT, your links. The prices are way too high.

I have two R220 printers both using CISS which I got from:

click here

£27.35 plus postage.

Scroll down a bit (fourth one down).

Rtus 21:34 16 Sep 2006

thanks for the input guys.Im still unsure if Ill go for the refill system as Id hate to chop the case around to get access for the tubes to enter from outside of the lid.

pj123 18:00 17 Sep 2006

You don't have to "chop" the case around. They fit perfectly without any modification the to case at all.

Rtus 19:49 17 Sep 2006

As far as I can see, Theres no way a tube of any description could pass from the ink tanks to outside the case without modifing it.you have to lift the total scanner body (hinged at rear)to gain access to ink carts.I emailed blankdiskshop as suggested .Asking how the ink-kit fits the Rx500 without interfering with the scanner > Reply = The scanner lid would need to sit up slightly. This shouldn't stop the scanner working, it would just mean when you scanned, the surrounding imaged which would normally be white (due to the white top on the scanner) would be black because a shadow is created with the lid sitting up slightly.. which suggest to me they are not conversant with the RX500.

Rtus 19:55 17 Sep 2006

Sorry got the email bit wrong .I emailed another supplier of the kit & the posted reply was theirs..(about the same price as pj123's link ) Diskdepot was the name not Blankdisk... Sorry about that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?