contents advisor - internet explorer

madaboutplants 12:01 06 Dec 2008

my husband activated contents advisor and has forgotten the password.now we cant use internet explorer. bn in touch with service provider and went into regedit -softwear-polices etc with no luck. i was told that i would now have to reload from disk the original softwear. i am afraid to do this. can anyone help how to solve this and disable contents advisor. i have tried going in internet options but cant disable it cause it asks for the password.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:11 06 Dec 2008

click here you have followed this exactly?

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:12 06 Dec 2008

....and this click here

G

madaboutplants 12:27 06 Dec 2008

hi GANDALF, i cant open your second link. i am going to try the first one again. i think i did this with the help people but will give a second go.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:30 06 Dec 2008

Second link work OK on my computer.

G

dave24 14:36 06 Dec 2008

I can't open the second link either!

dave24 14:39 06 Dec 2008

I can now!

madaboutplants 16:26 06 Dec 2008

GANDALF <|:-)>

Thank you. many tks. i managed to do delete it.i can now use Internet Explorer. two things still outstanding. your first link said to disable it by leaving password prompt as blank. when i did this, new msg came saying you havnt chosen a password. so i just closed the table.

the second link said that after deleting the KEY, go to Windows explorer and delete file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RATINGS.POL
i cant find this file. i found WE in accessories, is that the right one? when i clicked on it, i got "my documents"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?