I put this into Google 'Outlook 2003 contacts Address book' and came up with click here
quote """Contacts Not Showing in Outlook 2003 Address Book
If you can't use addresses stored in your Contcts database you may need to do
1) click on the 'Contacts' tab - see your Contacts.
2) right-click on the 'Contacts' option (under My Contacts in the left-pane).
3) click on the 'Properities' option.
4) click on the 'Outlook Address Book' tab.
5) ensure that 'Show this folder as an email address book' option is selected.
6) click OK.
1) click on the 'Tools' menu then the 'Address Book' option.
2) drop the 'Show Names from the:' list and choose 'Contacts' - see list of
Contacts will now be available use as addresses for Outlook email. """
hope it helps