Contact manager for networks

time and a half 08:57 30 Jun 2003

Can any one recommend a database for addresses, phone numbers etc for a small office network for all to access?

Taran 09:24 30 Jun 2003

If Outlook somehow fails to meet your criteria, I'd suggest GoldMine click here which I'm very fond of.

There are other options, but since you probably already have Outlook and it is relatively easy to set up for network information shares, that would be my first port of call.

For a dedicated third party solution though, you'd have to go a long way to better GoldMine.

Regards

Taran

Taran 09:30 30 Jun 2003

I should also have noted for you that Microsoft Access, if you have it, has a Contact Management database as one if its wizard generated files.

It has a very definite American feel and is a bit limited in what it offers but can be easily customised to be fully UK oriented and you can add your own tables, forms reports and queries and once again, it is easy to set up for a network share.

This could be another cost effective option for you.

T

DieSse 10:23 30 Jun 2003

A number of Outlook add-ons here, to enable sharing without having to implement a server (eg exchange).

click here

A Google search will no doubt find others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?