Contact Manager

User-064D8D8D-326C-46F0-A5916820C563BECF 21:59 27 Dec 2006

Does anybody know of a contact manager that will:
1. allow me to create the field names I want.
2. Sort on those field names when searching
3. Interface with my Palm Treo.

I have been using ACT but the new version is too big. I have about 1400 contacts with 32 fields each.

Thanks!

Diodorus Siculus 22:14 27 Dec 2006

Why not atay with ACT? you don't need to use the new version.

I could, but ACT for Palm has always been marginal. You can rename fields on the desktop but you really have to drill to get to them on the Palm. It does allow you to sort on a number of fields, but not all. Even though you can rename fields it only offers to auto dial those fields that were originally telephone fields. In the contact calendar it does not support any color which I use to prioritize appointments. I guess I was hoping that after all of these years a better alternative might exist. I think I need to adjust my “needs”. I am probably being too picky. Some of the “I have to have” field names that I have had for years are probably not that important as they once were. I have not gotten any spectacular solution suggestions from any of the forums I have queried about all of this so I am beginning to think that Outlook would be acceptable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?