Constructive critisism welcomed on site.

MichelleC 20:43 17 Nov 2003

I managed to publish one for a hypnotherapist friend I made in a couple of days (I'm a slow typist). I did it in Fp2000 with no extensions as host doesn't support them in this package: click here

Is the colour scheme ok, or is it too morbid?

Raywood 21:02 17 Nov 2003

Homepage: Why is there the big blank space between the copyright notes and the two promotional ads? I can't see the point in having it. Unless you intend to irratate the visitor, who wants to print this page, the print preview shows the ads half way down the page, but nothing else.

Also the homepage, i.e. the first page you visit feels as though its from a different site to the other pages. The only similarities are the background image and the text colours.

Hope this helps. Good try though.

Rtus 21:03 17 Nov 2003

coming from someone who hasnt as yet managed to get a site up & running.Not through lack of trying mind just not happy with results..yet..

However your site>
Id prefer a lighter background but thats me,I feel the text merges just a little too much in colour to the backgroung ,The HYPNo bits Ok though..

Raywood 21:05 17 Nov 2003

By the way the text at the top of the homepage disappears when the background loads.

MichelleC 22:03 17 Nov 2003

Thanks for responses.

The space is there so when page loads you don't immediately get the flashing ads (which are there as resiprocal links). But if it spoils I can delete.

The text at top is my bad meta tags, so I'll tidy it up.

I'll also table off (and border) the text on other pages to tie in with homepage.

Cheers guys.

Patr100 22:57 17 Nov 2003

Background and text colour too similar. Text too small on most pages. Have the site links on each page not just "home".

slowhand_1000 23:39 17 Nov 2003

Agree with previous comments. I found the text a bit hard to read against the background. I also like to see navigation links to all pages on each page.

MichelleC 10:35 18 Nov 2003

I've done a re-jig now click here Any better?

Rtus 11:30 18 Nov 2003

Im looking at your page In fp2k2 & copied to modify your original using theme ( leaves) and its much too dark for the text, To me that is... if background if modified to use maize/ nature (which I dont personally like )it then gives your page clarity .Have a look see what I mean However have a go at making your own theme .with graphics editor (adobe)& modify the theme to what you want ..& give a visual feel to the pages..

Rtus 11:39 18 Nov 2003

It may well be its im using different screen resolution to you ,I dont actually know if that affects it much .Im at 800x600 true on Ct monitor using M/S IE5.

slowhand_1000 11:40 18 Nov 2003

mmmmm
Though the pages now have a more common feel to them I'm not to sure about the red text. Red text to me always has a feeling of warning or overdue - as in a red letter.

Although it is easier to read than before, I think that the font you are using along with the size of type still make it a bit uneasy on the eye to read.

Mind you my eyes are not as kean as they were.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone