Constant Disconnections

spuds 21:05 08 Mar 2008

Internet Explorer 7, XP Home, Tiscali BB 'upto 8Mb', Thomson/ Alcatel SpeedTouch 330 Modem.

Since upgrading to the Tiscali 'upto' 8Mb service I have had the misfortune of constant disconnections, error message usually 'No Dialing Tone'. The maximum speed is no more than 3.2Mb and the lowest is 1.23Mb (Previously on 2Mb service I was usually near the 2Mb mark).Neighbour on similar Tiscali servicDiallinges, manages to obtain between 4Mb/6Mb, with few disconnections.

I have contacted Tiscali on a number of occasions, and I seem to be getting no where with them.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or advice, on how to check or remedy the fault. Would perhaps mention that the other day, my telephone service was down most of the day, and Tiscali repaired this. No dialling tone out, so impossible to call out, but incoming calls were received. Never had any of these problems when I was with BT, only since transfering services over to Tiscali.transferring

MAJ 01:46 09 Mar 2008

There's your problem, spuds, Tiscali. Get your MAC number and move. Trying to get them to do anything is frustrating and infuriating and you'll end up going round in circles with little Asian voices in your head telling you to check your filters for the 27th time.

spuds 12:23 09 Mar 2008

I have already checked the filters,and about everything else, but not 27 times yet ;o)

How Tiscali managed to win JD Powers Customer Service Award, is well beyond my train of thought, at this present time. Regarding the MAC code, I have just agreed to a new 12 month contract, because Tiscali have taken over all my telephone accounts from BT. Looks like I will be consulting 'Not fit for the purpose' or something similar in consumer law, if this problem is not corrected in a more speedily and acceptable fashion.

setecio 14:25 09 Mar 2008

Well, if it turns out to be a problem within your house, then it will be the same.

Try ruling out internal wiring by connecting to the master test socket

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?