Constant CRC problem

belsius 22:07 26 May 2009

First of all I have to say hi, Its my first post in this forum. I hope this is the right place to post this.

So this is the problem, sorry if its too long but its driving me insane:

I used to use windows vista x64 but wasnt a big fan so after reading some good reviews of the new windows 7 RC I decided to go with this new OS. I installed it without a problem and it seemed like it worked like a charm but when I tried to install images from virtual drives it started giving me a CRC error every time. Same thing happend when extracting big files with Winrar.
I though it could be a bad instalation so I formated my drive and installed Windows 7 again but this time it gave me a CRC error in the middle of the instalation!
So obviously I though it could be a problem with my Windows 7. I installed my previous windows vista without a problem to realize that this time almost NOTHING works. I cant open programs, I cant install, etc... everything gives me an error. I think "Im screwed, this has to be a hadrware problem, probably the hard-drive has been damaged".

SOOOO, I take my hard-drive and plug it to another PC, format it, install windows 7 64 and it works perfectly fine so that makes me think that it may be the RAM or something in my computer. I put the drive back, format and install and Voila! everything works fine in my original computer. I install games/programs from a virtual drive and extract files without a problem. Even though I dont understand anything Im happy again!

For three days no problem and suddenly the extracting and installing big files CRC error is back.
The computer actually works like a charm, I have run scans on the Ram and it didnt find errors.

So, any ideas of what it could be? Sorry if this is a little confusing. It is for me.

Graphicool1 12:14 27 May 2009

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?