constant crashes while gaming/skyping

doronalan24 20:37 07 Apr 2015

Members 4 posts ONLINE

Local time:03:27 PM Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:38 AM Hello, I've been having issues for about a month now, posted a topic on Tom's Hardware and Bleepingcomputer, and got no replies for weeks. So hopefully I get some sort of help here:

So when I'm playing games (and usually skyping), I get the same couple of crashes constantly. I get KMODEEXCEPTIONNOTHANDLED and SYSTEMSERVICE_EXCEPTION

Things I've tried: reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers turning off overclocking installing drivers for GPU through provided CD

speccy link: click here used pastebin for the minitoolbox: click here bluescreenview crashes: click here

wee eddie 21:17 07 Apr 2015

There's a possibly, not very technical, solution.

It's bunged up with dust ~ Costs nothing ~ Give it a clean out

doronalan24 21:19 07 Apr 2015

any recommendations on how to clean it out?

wee eddie 23:07 07 Apr 2015

Borrow a hair Dryer and a 1" bristle Paintbrush > Take the side of the PC off > Un-plug it and take it into the garden (there could be lots of dust and the Management will not be happy if you blow it all over the place) > Using a Wander lead and with the hair drier turned onto the Cold & Anti Static Setting, if it has one, blow all over the place > in any holes and fan casings > delicately use the paintbrush to loosen dust that wont just blow away. Try blowing fans in both directions.

There is a myth that turning a fan in the wrong direction can cause damage but as there is no power going through the commutator and no gears, there is nothing to worry about.

doronalan24 00:46 08 Apr 2015

thanks, i'll try that out!

doronalan24 18:21 12 Apr 2015

okay, so i cleaned out the computer as best i can with a blow dryer and paintbrush like you said, and I am still getting crashes under the same conditions. I did clean out a fair amount of dust, though. any other suggestions?

Ian in Northampton 19:19 12 Apr 2015

Two common causes are over-heating (hence wee eddie's suggestion) and an intermittent memory error. Others can recommend ways of identifying whether you've got a heating issue. For checking memory, running MemTest exercises your memory pretty hard and will identify any marginal conditions.

wee eddie 21:16 12 Apr 2015

When you did your clean out, did you check that the airflow through the Cooling Fins was clear, it's not always that simple as just a blow

rtp8™ 23:04 12 Apr 2015

Suggest you use Memtest86 to test your Rams.

As well as downloading your hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic tool to give it a thorough test.

doronalan24 22:20 14 Apr 2015

i ran memtest86 and it went off without any errors, besides the fact that it would not do the hammer test. also, i'm sure that my fans are completely clear. the computer was not that dusty to begin with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires