connection to site

  carnoustiejim 12:54 08 Oct 2007
Locked

hi when i click to open i/ex it more than not comes up saying cant connect to page
after a few attempts it connects
it does the same when im on a site and try to open another page
o/s winxp home
can you help thanks kirriejim

  jack 13:51 08 Oct 2007

Nowt wrong the the 'puter - you connect- eventually
This is a network or individual site thing - nothing needed here except patience

  birdface 13:52 08 Oct 2007

Try .Speed test.click here That will make sure that you are getting the proper download speed from your ISP.Press Ctrl Alt and Delete at the same time ,that takes you into Task manager.Processes.Under CPU. System Idle Process should be showing about 97% all the rest the remaining3%.Also check the air vents at the back of your computer to make sure they are not full of fluff and dust.If they are the inside of your computer will probably need cleaning as well.Try another browser.Firefox or any other to see if things are running Ok on them.If so probably An I/Explorer problem.Which leaves Firewall, Cookie or Virus problem.What Firewall are you using.And if using a Modem switch it off at the main for 2 minutes ,then turn it back on and leave for 2 minutes before you use it again.Or right click your internet connection on quick start and press repair.See if that shows any faults.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?