Connection to security enabled router

jaimielibbi 15:00 18 Oct 2009

Hello
I have recently purchased a Hp ipaq 5550 pda which is Wi-Fi enabled.

I can use this wifi facility at wrk when connectiing to the netgear routers and also if i go to Mcdonalds or anywhere where there is free wifi i can connect and use the internet and receive emails.

However at home using my own router i cannot connect does anybody no why this is.

please help.

Forum Editor 16:19 18 Oct 2009

you'll have to enter the security key before your PDA will be allowed to connect. Windows Mobile should prompt you for the key when you try to connect.

I presume your PDA is detecting the router?

jaimielibbi 16:39 18 Oct 2009

Thank you yes I have inputted the security key and still it wont connect, it does however locate the router with no problems at all and as stated today i went to mcdonalds and connected to their wi fi with no issues,

dawood 15:33 19 Oct 2009

Go to your router management page, reset the wireless encryption key and use pda to connect to it by using correct key, most probably you keyed in wrong key. If not, you can disable wireless encryption on router TEMPORARY and test to connect. Here is an example of wireless router configuration click here , you can take a look if you like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?