connection manager???

fullywired23 21:00 29 May 2003

I have just reinstalled Windows Xp Pro after a format but when I try to re-establish my internet connection.I get the following message:-
"Error 711"Cannot load remote access connection manager.A configuration error on this computer is preventing this" As anyone any ideas of what this is all about ?Or how to get round it
I have e-mailed BT about the problem but they are not very prompt at replying.I hope some one here can help me
regards viejo

VoG™ 21:06 29 May 2003

Are you on a network or using a LAN to connect? click here

fullywired23 21:17 29 May 2003

Thank you for your quick reply .It looks like that could be the problem,I will boot to the other H/D and try it and let you know the out come
regards viejo

fullywired23 21:37 29 May 2003

Hi again
tried the resolution but no joy when clicking start on the remote access manager and remote access auto connection manager I get :-error 1068 The dependency server or group failed to start" and Error 5 Access denied
Are there any other links to this problem you could help me with
regards viejo

VoG™ 21:47 29 May 2003

No I can't find anything obvious. I suspect that this is to do with Administrator rights - are you logged on as an Administrator when you try to set up the account?

fullywired23 21:52 30 May 2003

thanks for the reply

I resolved the problem the hard way.despite all the hassle involved.I formatted again and reinstalled windows XP and this time I had no problem (hope it stays that way)
Thanks again for your help
Regards Viejo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone