Connection of computer to TV

HV 09:10 19 Jan 2003
  HV 09:10 19 Jan 2003

Is there an easy way of connecting a computer to a television so that sound and picture can be reproduced by the television rather than the pc speakers and monitor??

siarad 09:18 19 Jan 2003

Via the Scart plug

goonerbill 09:54 19 Jan 2003

as long as ya graphics card has tv out connector and as siarad said scart plug into back of tv and s video cable from scart to g/card and audio cable from soundcard line out to audio connections on scart connector

'Kinell 10:30 19 Jan 2003

As mentioned above a graphics card with TV out is probably your only option, it's OK for watching movies, but the resolution on a TV is s**t compared to a monitor, probably down to the dpi, so don't expect to be able to use a TV as a substitute for a monitor.

roygbiv 13:40 21 Jan 2003

I might be wrong, but i wan't to conect PC to TV and was told to get a cable from BELKIN, it has all the right plugs/leads etc. (BELKIN f8v351-o5m ) about £25 . Don't take this as gospel as i am new to all this and i could be giving the wrong info!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tog 13:49 21 Jan 2003

That cable requires a graphics card with an S-Video out socket.

What graphics card do you have?

roygbiv 16:32 21 Jan 2003

A nVidia GeForce 4MX 420 64mb ?? (as fitted to MEDION 2530 PC) it has a round (yellow) socket and a mini din plug(????)(which one is the TV out??). The belkin cable has two cables and a scart adaptor with it. I was thinking it was the right one (but i am unsure now).

Tog 07:39 22 Jan 2003

The Belkin cable mentioned above will do it but most TV-OUT cards come with it included so check the gubbins that came with the PC.

You use the mini din to connect the graphics card and the other is for the line out from your sound card.

Your TV MUST have a SCART socket available to use this. The cable is probably available from places like PC World and your local PC shop.

If you want to see what the cable looks like, the belkin site is click here search for part number f8v351

roygbiv 11:55 22 Jan 2003

Thanks for the info. I probaly buy one in the future,(now i know how to do it!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?