Connecting to YouTube

Yimbo 15:51 24 May 2009

"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." This is the message I get when trying to use YouTube. I appear to have downloaded Flash Player - though it doesn't appear in "My Programs". How can I turn on JavaScipt if indeed it's turned off. I'd appreciate help with this. Thanks! I've previously used YouTube with no apparent problems.

Diemmess 18:26 24 May 2009

I can only tell what I see on my own PC (XP Pro)

Cannot see Java in All Programs. ...... BUT

...... If I run msconfig and pick Startup tab, there is an entry with the box ticked (enabled) "jusched.exe"
Is yours ticked?

brundle 18:44 24 May 2009

Java<>Javascript; click here

Install Flashplayer manually;

Download this version of Flash for Internet Explorer; click here
Download this one for Firefox/other browsers (if installed); click here

Download the Flash Uninstaller; click here

Make sure you take note of the uninstaller instructions;

"Note: The uninstaller cannot remove files currently in use.

3. Quit ALL running applications, including all Internet Explorer or other browser windows, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or other Messengers. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make certain no applications are still in memory which might possibly use Flash Player.

4. Note: The uninstaller cannot remove files currently in use.

If you have any instances of the player open in your web browsers, instant messaging clients, stand-alone SWFs, or projectors, then the uninstaller will complete but some files may not be deleted. If this occurs, then close all of your applications and run the uninstaller again to ensure that all files are removed.

Note: Internet Explorer users may have to reboot to clear all uninstalled Flash Player ActiveX control files. If you're not certain, select the "Show Details" button in the Flash Player uninstaller. If there are any log lines that begin with "Delete on Reboot..." then you'll need to reboot BEFORE running the Flash Player installer again."

Run the Flash Uninstaller to get rid of previous versions (it will remove Flash from all browsers) then reboot and use the manual installers above to install Flash.

brundle 18:45 24 May 2009

Test Javascript click here includes information on how to enable it if the test fails.

Yimbo 10:47 26 May 2009

Thank you VERY much for your help folks! I've followed your instructions, and now have YouTube working OK. I really appreciate the time you've taken to assist me! Thank you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone