Connecting Win95.

Ex plorer 09:26 11 Mar 2006

Hi I have a LAN, which works very well and is also wireless, I have Win XP PRO ,XP Home 200Pro Win98SE Win98 working fine by cable.
I now have Win95 the early one, which was an upgrade from 3.11, and the USB edition, which I want to connect to my LAN.
I can’t make a connection with MSN.

I now want to connect Win 95 by cable they are all ready connected but I cant make a connection.
I put 10/100 Ethernet cards in a while back for backup in case the onboard ones didn’t work but forgot to put drivers in at that time I have the floppies drivers but don’t seem to have any luck in loading them.
They are 95 compatible.
I need advice on getting connected. I have quite a few exclamation marks in yellow in Other Devices
CS4236B / PCI Bridge / PCI Ethernet / Controller / PCI Universal Bus.

Ex

LastChip 23:07 12 Mar 2006

Before you think about getting your network to accept the '95 machine, you need to sort out these errors.

At first appearance, it seems there may be motherboard drivers that have not been installed.

You need to determine what motherboard you have installed and which chip-set you have on the motherboard. If it's a VIA chip-set, their 4 in 1 drivers should clear most of those yellow marks.

Ex plorer 16:27 13 Mar 2006

Hi my ISP Tiscali say that they dont support Windows 95?.
True I tried the disk I had, and it came up with a message cannot support this system.
I have emailed Tiscali to try and get round this and I am waiting a reply.
Is it possible to still get onto the net with windows 3x and Dos if so with whome.

If it's a (VIA chip-set, their 4 in 1 drivers) should clear most of those yellow marks.
A bit lost here I am learning fast even at my age I use Dell PCs old Optiplex GX1s all have Dell MOBOs 400MHz.

LastChip 21:19 13 Mar 2006

If you go to the Dell web site and look at their technical support, you should find the drivers you need for that model. They will probably be listed under discontinued models or something similar. The chances are, they will fit on a floppy, so you can download them to your present machine, put them on a floppy and install that way.

Don't worry about what Tiscali say. What they mean is, they don't have the personnel available to help you with Windows 95. Most of them have probably never seen '95!

If you're connecting via a LAN, it makes no difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?